Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo) - A Book Review

Hi Guys!
I love to read, and I always have. I also love blogging so what better to combine the two! I am going to implement a book section to my blog! If you are an avid book worm, or not a huge reader, I hope to provide book recommendations that appeal to everyone! This is a spoiler free review on the The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo) by Rick Riordan.

Synopsis
The god Apollo has been cast of of Olympus by his father Zeus. This isn't the first time troublesome Apollo has been cast out. He's no longer immortal and it now a mortal, a regular sixteen year old teenager. Going from being a god to a mortal real quick. Every other time he has been cast out, he has to go on an extravagant adventure to regain his godly abilities. We follow his adventures as he tries to regain his godly powers. 

Review
If you love Greek Mythology, Rick Riordan and/or excellent writing, you will LOVE this book! I admire Rick Riordan's writing as it is always face paced and intriguing. I read the entire Percy Jackson series in a week while in third grade and still enjoy his books! The plot was not something I had ever read before. We had appearances from our beloved campers but it is not necessary to have read the Percy Jackson series (although you totally should you will be thank me later). The book is narrated by Apollo who is very humorous. He is transitioning from speaking and acting like a god to being a mortal. We see him grow as a character in his mindset and actions. There is only one problem- the next book comes out May 2, 2017. Nearly a whole year of waiting. It will be worth the wait I guarantee you!

Click here to follow me on my Goodreads account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment