Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Anna and The French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins- A Review

Hi Guys!
I recently read Anna and The French Kiss, Lola and The Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. They are all companions novels. Today, I will be sharing a spoiler free review on all three of the books.

Anna and The French Kiss

Synopsis 
We follow Anna, a senior in high school who will be studying overseas in Paris. At first, she is not thrived to attend, but her first night she runs, literally, into a another charming English senior boy. We follow her and her friends journey's throughout Paris. All of the characters grow, mature and blossom into rising college freshmen in the novel. 

Review
I read this book in one sitting. It had several turn of events, that always keep me wanting more. This is why I read this book in one sitting. There really isn't a stopping point in the novel, so it's hard to put it down. Not to mention, the character's personality really came to life, as they were relatable and unique in their own way. This book left me with several emotions and me wanting more. Which leads me into book number two! 

Lola and The Boy Next Door

Synopsis:
Lola is known for her extraordinary clothes and her punk rocker boyfriend. That is, until she meets the boy next door. The two of them have a past history but that won't stop them from growing closer. Again, we see Lola grow as a character with continuing to gain more self-confidence. Past characters do make an appearance, so it is interesting to see how the characters between both books interact. This book involves a different setting and story line then the other two books. 

Review:
I read this book over the course of two days. The beginning peaked my interest, so I was hooked for the next 48 hours. It was slow at times but I did really enjoy the book. As I mentioned, this book is least like the others. This book left me satisfied at the end which was so very nice because who wants to feel as though they missed out on something. 

Isla and The Happily Ever After

Synopsis:
Isla has always had a crush on Josh. After their awkward encounter over the summer, she is determined to make things right. Even if it involves the slightest bit of racking the Internet to learn more about (aka stalk) him. This book was a bit of a rollercoaster with a few twists that will leave you saying "Did that really just happen?" I read this in one sitting #noregrets. 

Review:
The very beginning of the novel was a bit slow. It didn't last very long as then I was thrown into Isla's world. We had appearances from all past main characters. This book was the most cutesy-romance feel good book out of the three. There is not much I can mention about this novel without spoiling the book. 


Overall Thoughts
If this was the book Olympics and I had to give three medals here's how it would go.
Gold: Anna and The French Kiss
Silver: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Bronze: Lola and The Book Next Door

Remember, they are all at the Olympics so they are all fabulous, there are mere points that separate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment